Welcome

Hello, fellow computer users! So glad you're reading my blog. Anyway, just wanted to tell you what this site is all about. I'm pretty much just blogging about books, movies, TV shows, music, and any other random thought that comes to my head (because isn't that what blogging is all about?). So sit back, relax, and START READING!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Have You Ever Noticed.... Opposites

Have you ever noticed that there are times when people say one thing and it's the total opposite?  It's funny when they're being sarcastic and joking, but it's just plain sad when they're not.  Here are some of my favorite examples.

I'm/my friends/the activity I'm in is really cool.  Fact - if you say this, you/your friends/the activity you're in is not cool.  Saying it's cool will not change it into being cool, no matter how many times you say it.  I had a friend who insisted that marching band kids are way cooler than the other kids, including the athletes.  I really like marching band kids (most of my friends are in marching band), but they are always lower on the social totem pole than the athletes.  Always.  I'm so sorry.

I'm so helpful.  Most people say this on accident while they are helping someone out.  It's just an awkward slip-of-the tongue and they are quick to laugh and joke about it with you.  But then there are the people who do mean it.  They are usually total suck-ups or three-year-old children.  I'd advise to stay away from both.

They know me by name there.  Again, most people say this with sarcasm - indicating that they go to a certain place more than they probably need to.  Of course, there are the people who truly mean this.  They can fit into one of three categories: 1) they are very sad and don't have anywhere else to go 2) they are just bragging and being freakin' annoying or 3) both.

Yeah, I'm so fat.  The people who say this are usually stick-thin, practically anorexic girls who probably weighs 50 pounds.  As I'm not a stick-thin, practically anorexic girl who weighs 50 pounds, this bugs the crap out of me.  You're skinny.  Don't deny it, just deal with it.  If you're fat then what are you calling the rest of us, huh?

Do you have any favorite opposites?  Please share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment