Welcome

Hello, fellow computer users! So glad you're reading my blog. Anyway, just wanted to tell you what this site is all about. I'm pretty much just blogging about books, movies, TV shows, music, and any other random thought that comes to my head (because isn't that what blogging is all about?). So sit back, relax, and START READING!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

One of the Survivors by Susan Shaw

Joey Campbell survived and 24 others did not.  He should feel lucky that he and his best friend, Maureen, survived.  But he doesn't feel lucky.  Not when he can't stop thinking about the fire that killed the other kids in his history class.  Not when people stop outside his house to throw things at him and yell, "Murderer!"  Not when they think he started the fire.  Just because he survived.  Just because he is one of the survivors.

This was one of the most powerful books I've ever read.  I kept asking myself "What if?" along with the characters.  The suggested age group for this book is 10-14, but I personally think that adults and older teenagers should read this story too.  I think the best part of this book was when Joey wrote about his sketch in his journal.  Very strong writing right there, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment